LCJG engaged KorumLegal to help automate and create self-service tools as much as possible in an effort to maintain lean headcount as well as to drive productivity, control and consistency across the legal department. An internal precedent and template system of approximately 60+ contracts had been created and the legal leadership were looking to optimise this for better efficiency and effectiveness. KorumLegal were tasked with reviewing internal processes, defining the need and making recommendations on suitable technology platforms that could facilitate contract automation, internal and external negotiations, approvals, e-signature, and storage that would lead to enhanced risk management and consistency while also allowing for better scalability.
KorumLegal managed the project and working with LCJG, we gained insights into the unique procedural and technology challenges faced by LCJG. Once a detailed set of requirements were defined and use cases mapped out, we were able to:
- undertake a detailed process mapping exercise for all workstreams that LCJG wanted to automate, aiming for a single basic outcome
- review processes with key stakeholders and optimise them
- using the process maps, create a requirements document for the purposes of identifying and shortlisting technology solutions and then arranging vendor demonstrations that fit the goals of LCJG
- manage technology configuration and work with both technology vendor and LCJG to ensure technology selected satisfies LCJG business needs, as well as developing testing protocols for beta and UAT testing
- assist with change management and continuous improvement programme
- execute the above project in a 4-6 month project timeframe.