A Look Back at 2017.
We are coming to the close of 2017 - and I am happy to say that it has been a great year overall. It has been full of many highs, few lows, challenges, opportunities and lots of hustle – but we are on a positive growth trajectory which has been cemented by a number of small wins this year.
Here are some of our highlights:
- Tripled the size of our KorumLegal HQ team and expanded to Singapore – we now have a team of Legal Consultants covering most Asia-Pacific jurisdictions and beyond;
- Rapidly increased our community of clients from within the Asia-Pacific region, but also extending to European and North American clients who look to us to provide legal solutions in the region;
- Won major client assignments from a range of clients including international banks, listed technology MNCs, a large number of international SMEs and some exciting start-ups;
- Winner of In-House Community’s Visionary Legal Services Provider of the Year, 2017 – amongst some heavyweight competition from Asia Pacific and Middle East;
- Rolled out a Legal Project Management programme for a premium Hong Kong law firm;
- Formed several partnerships with LegalTech companies pushing the boundary on innovative legal solutions;
- Held our first exclusive General Counsel breakfast discussion with KPMG on the topical ‘Preparing Tomorrow’s Digital GC’;
- Took our first steps towards building our own LegalTech platform – more to come on this!
- Built our LegalTech leadership with an appointment to the international advisory board of MDR Lab – a LegalTech incubator based in London – and joined some heavy-hitters of the global LegalTech space; and
- 3 KorumLegal HQ babies were born in 2017 – congrats Gerry & Petrina; Catherine & Charlie; Brett & Kate!! And one on the way for Estefania & James.
It hasn't all been smooth sailing of course – but we are building resilience, reputation, recognition, revenue and repeatable business in a nascent, yet competitive market. Our focus has been and will always be to provide client-centric legal solutions through our range of offerings across People, Process and Technology. But also to build a vibrant community of Legal Consultants, LegalTech enthusiasts, legal project managers, legal operations managers and legal futurists – and to continue to shape the new reality in legal solutions.
Thank you to all of our KorumLegal community of clients, consultants, partners, supporters, affiliates families, believers (and non-believers!) for your continued support in 2017. And of course our great KorumLegal HQ team who have continued to push towards our vision.
We look forward to more growth and success in 2018 and beyond.
Happy holidays – and see you in 2018!
Titus and the KorumLegal Team
By: Titus Rahiri
A Look Back at 2018
Another year has flown by and as we get through the festive lunches and parties in preparation for the holiday season, I thought I’d share some of our highlights, learnings and takeaways from this..
By: Titus Rahiri
Looking back at 2019
As 2019 draws to an end, it’s a chance to reflect on the year that was and take stock. It was an important year of solidifying, scalability and solutions development for KorumLegal. As our HQ motto..